My Parent's Heart...

You are probably reading this because you are impacted by a child or children in some way. The heart of a parent came about because I so desperately want children and that isn't a part of my life yet. Because of the experiences and training that I've had, I decided to start a resource to help parents in dealing with their children.

The concept has grown since I first conceived of it. What God has shown me is that the HEART of a parent is so important. It has to be healed, nourished, and loved in order to create the environment of love that the children in their care need to thrive.

A Mom that I look up to with the utmost respect, Cheri Bollmann, pointed out to me a couple of weeks ago that God is the perfect parent. I knew that, but hearing her describe how HE loves, put things in an entirely different perspective for me. We can not be God, nor should we strive to be HIM...However, there are things that we as parents, caregivers, mentors, grandparents, etc. etc. can do to prepare our parent's heart to nurture the hearts of our children.

In this blog, you will find resources, book lists, updates on my own journey, information on classes, and eventually testimonials of parents whose lives and relationships with their children were radically changed as they learned to take care of their parent's heart in order to pour out LOVE to their children...

Friday, May 30, 2008

A Heart for Parents

It's been a year since my last and only post. Not much movement. However, recently, God has been pouring into me again about my role as someone who has a parent's heart.

What is a parent's heart? To me, someone with a parent's heart will naturally gravitate toward children. They will easily relate to children and want to nurture them, not just their own. I've always been this way. I LOVE children. I know that parenting is not easy, but I still used to judge parents that I thought were missing it and were way off track. In this last year, God began pointing out some of those judgments and how they were not ok. He began to give me a heart for the parents and show me how I could help them rather than judge. My heart is to help families function at the highest level possible for them.

Later on this year, I will become a Certified Beyond Consequences Therapist. Beyond Consequences is a program that assists parents in rearing their children more effectively. I pray that through this I will be able to help many parents gain the peace and confidence they need to carry out the most important role of their life, PARENT to a child.

More information coming soon. Come back for a visit.

1 comment:

LadyUnderThe Oaks said...

Parenting relates to any age and how you influence that young person's life. I believe it is a life style that reflects how they see God - even if at first they don't realize what they are witnessing. The seed is planted and the influence of patience, strength, service will be seen. Parenting goes beyond one's physical children to mentoring and influencing young people in all situations. I am proud of you.